Thursday, February 09, 2006

Be Healthy in 2006

I've made a decision that 2006 is my year to really feel good about myself and to just be healthy. Therefore I have signed myself up for an Olympic Distance Triathlon. I will be swimming 0.9 miles in a cold lake, biking 25 miles of some of the most beautiful country and running 6 miles with views to kill. All of this will be taking place in Bend, Oregon on June 25th at the Pacific Crest Triathlon. So, if you're in the area you are welcome to join me, and my cheer team - Tim.

I began swimming again. For all of you that didn't know, I was a pretty good swimmer and water polo player in high school. Anyhow, I've got myself back in the pool 1-2 days a week and it has not been easy. I'm running around 3 days a week, thank God for the great weather we've been having in Seattle and I'm biking around 1-2 days a week.

It has certainly been a commitment and I probably wouldn't know what I was doing and wouldn't be as motivated if I hadn't signed up for this race through Team in Training, more to come on this in a later blog.

Yes it has been a grand start to the new year and I look forward to continuing my training and just feeling good.

No comments: