Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Unofficial Start Of Summer

People seem to forget the real meaning behind Memorial Day and that includes me. I must admit my weekend did not have anything to do with remembering those that have died in the line of duty. Should I feel guilty about this? I don't know, I'm not sure that I do. Most people seem to have a BBQ or they go to festivals to ring in the unofficial start of summer.

My weekend didn't include any BBQ's or festivals. What it did include was a 3-mile run around Green Lake, a 2100-yard swim, a 40-mile bike ride and a relaxing weekend with my husband. We didn't do very much and we were both very happy to be doing just that. With 4 prior weekends that were booked solid and the next 4 weekends being booked out of our whoha this was a refreshing time for us both.

Welcome to summer folks...I plan on making it the best one yet.

2 comments:

MUDNYC said...

What's going to make this one the best? Have you got some special plans? You are the best, summer or not.

Phillipa Sara said...

This is my very first summer in Seattle that I will NOT, let me repeat, I will NOT be working 16hour days. I plan on enjoying this summer more than you know. How was your trip?