Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Jamaica Trip Continues...

On Monday morning Tim and I headed down to Negril. I'd never been to the place we were staying at so we were a little worried. However, Catcha Falling Star ended up being wonderful. Our first evening in Negril we swam in the beautiful Caribbean Sea, had dinner from a roadside diner and drank wine under the stars. We were in heaven.

On our second day we decided to go snorkeling. I must admit that I got a little bored and I drove Tim crazy. After some Ackee and Saltfish for breakfast, we headed into town to look for a game of beach volleyball, we came up empty. Instead we got into a minor fender bender. So, we ate lunch at Cosmos, bought some local art and then headed back to our abode. Tim spent the evening jumping off the cliffs, I read my book. That evening we ate at the Rockhouse then relaxed in our patio hammock listening to a concert at Ricks Cafe (4 doors away).

The next day we lazed around, read and played cards. We were having the time of our lives doing whatever WE wanted to do.

Thursday morning we headed to the south coast to stay one night at Jakes in St. Elizabeth. Although we were not as happy with our room, the place is a great little hide away. Their restaurant Jack Sprat (near to the beach) played some really good music so that's where we would spend most of our time.

Heading back into Kingston, the following day, we stopped at Lovers Leap and we ate lunch at Little Ochi. Our final weekend in Jamaica was spent with the family. We even had an opportunity to take the kids to Dunns River Falls, we did have fun.

So that's our vacation, it was a time we both deserved and we both enjoyed.
Mi cay wait fi go back home.
For more pictures check out Shutterfly.

1 comment:

MUDNYC said...

What awesome pics, Phillipa! Looks like you guys had a great time. You are an incredible photographer. I miss you!