Tuesday of this week I had the privilege of replacing all of my camera equipment. It was certainly a weird experience spending that much money at one time and not having to worry about how I was going to pay for it. My goal, not to go over the cheque amount that the insurance company gave us. I was successful and I am extremely pleased with my new equipment.
Well, the next day I get a phone call at work from a stranger that asks me if I lost a camera and he knows who has it. Are you kidding me. I ask him how he knows it's mine and he says that the guy tried to sell it to him and while looking through the manual a receipt for a photography course fell out with my name on it. He took the receipt without this other guy noticing and googled me. That's right folks, you too can be googled...scary. Anyhow he realized that this was some expensive s**t so he felt it was only the right thing to do.
I called Tim, we called his brother the lawyer and he advised us to call the police and our insurance company. After calling our kind stranger back he was willing to give us not only the guys name but his phone number and where he hangs out. Once we got the police involved they went to the guys house but he wasn't home. Not sure where things are at the moment the one thing we've learnt is that there are still good people out there that will do the right thing.
As for my new equipment, if they retrieve the old stuff they have given me two choices. I can return the new stuff and keep the old stuff OR I can keep the new stuff and the old stuff will then be owned by the insurance company. Not knowing what this guy has done to my old equipment, I think I will stick to my new purchases.
Friday, December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's called Karma, baby! You've got some good Karma. Of course you do, you're you. And Ms. Pixie is right -- get those memory cards back! Who knows what is on them...
Post a Comment